Adding New Drivers
In the Trucker Check menu, select the Add Driver option.
The Add Driver screen will open. There are seven steps involved in adding a trucker and the screen will progress through the process.
- Step 1 – Consent – First you must have permission from the truck driver to have information submitted via eModal.com and ensure the driver has the proper credentials needed. Select the Accepts Agreement check box and then click Next to move to the next step.
- Step 2 – Driver Information – Next you will enter Commercial Drivers License details (Country, State, CDL Number, CDL Expiration Date, and First/Last Name along with Phone number and Email. Select the check box if the driver has a TWIC card, and then click Next.
Please note: do not include spaces, dashes, or symbols in the Driver CDL field.
- Step 3 – Contract & Certs – Enter the contract begin and end dates or select the check box next to Contract doesn’t have expiration date, and then select the certifications appropriate for the driver. Click Next to proceed.
- Step 4 – Ports – Select each port the driver will be visiting on behalf of your company.
- Step 5 – Truck – Enter the details for the driver’s truck including the VIN, Country, State, Plate Number, and Fuel Type and then click Next.
Please note: a VIN has 17 characters; and will not include the letters I, O, or Q. All characters must be upper case.
- Step 6 – Summary – Review all of the details, click the Edit text to make corrections or if correct click Next to finish adding the driver.
Step 7 – Confirm – Click Finish to complete the process.
Managing Registered Drivers
In the Manage Drivers screen you will see a list of drivers that have been set up in the system. The drivers are presented alphabetically by last name. Click a letter at the top of the list to see the matching drivers. Additionally, you can search for a driver by Driver Name or Commercial Driver License and/or select to filter the list by active, inactive, or both.
Filtered by Contract Status
- In the Filter Contract Status field, click the down-arrow and select one of the options: Active, Inactive, or Both.
- Click the down-arrow next to Search to open the search criteria. Select to search by Driver Name or Commercial Driver’s License number, enter the information, and click Find.
Once you find the driver you want manage, double-click on the driver’s name to open the details screen. In this screen you can deactivate a driver, edit driver details, and update Ports, Certifications, and Trucks.
Activate/Deactivate a Driver
- In the Truck Driver Information screen, click Deactivate Driver button. You will see a message that it will take 15-60 minutes before a terminal will be aware of the update. Click OK. The driver will show in eModal.com as inactive. Conversely, if the Activate Driver button is displayed, you can click to activate the driver, you will see the same message, click OK. The driver will be active in the eModal.com system.
Update Trucker Details
- In the Truck Driver Information screen, enter the updated trucker details, and then click Update Truck Driver Detail button.
Update Ports and Certifications
- In the bottom half of the screen there are three tabs, Ports, Certifications, and Trucks. Click on each tab to view the current information. Update as needed and then click the Update button.
- In the Trucks tab, you can update a truck that has already been added for the driver, including the Truck Specs, License Plate, RFID Tag, and Insurance information. Additionally, you can Disassociate the selected truck from the driver or Add Truck to add a new truck for the driver.
*Refer to the Trucks guide to learn more about adding, editing, removing trucks.